DBX 900 Series + 9x 904 Slots (Gate) in used but working condition.
The 904 is an expander gate using dbx’s OverEasy® action for a smooth onset of gating. Attenuation limit, attack and release rates and threshold are all adjustable.
This popular gate also features Programmed Latch Mode which mutes a channel until an above threshold signal is present. It then latches open until reset.
The 904 is a very fast voltage controlled below threshold downward expander. It senses the level of an input or keying signal and determines whether the level is below threshold. If it is, the signal gets attenuated; if not it passes at unity (0 dB) gain. The amount of signal attenuation is a function of its own level and the 904’s Attenuation, Limit, Ratio, and Threshold settings.
- Two modules can be strapped together for stereo operation
- Key input for frequency-tailored gating or gating of one instrument by another
- adjustable 0 to 60 dB attenuation
- Programmed latch mode
- Variable attack and release times
- Hardwire bypass switch
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz, ±0.5 dB
- Input: Balanced: 25 kΩ
- Unbalanced: 18.5 kΩ
- Maximum Input Level: +24 dBu
- Output: Unbalanced: 22 Ω
- Maximum Output Level: +24 dBu into 600 Ω
- THD: <0.02% @1 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 106 dB
- Threshold Range: -40 – +10 dBu, Variable
- Controls: KEY Mode Switch, PLM Switch,
- Gate In Switch, Attenuation Limit
- Knob, Attack/Release Knob,
- Threshold Knob, Ratio Knob
- Indicators: Input: Red, PLM: Green, Key:
- Metering: 10 segment LED bargraph indicating Gain Reduction