Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2
The PreSonus StudioLive™ 24.4.2 is a 24-channel (24x4x2) digital mixer that is designed for live events, live and studio recording, and corporate, institutional, and other installations.
Each channel features an XLR mic input and high-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamp, individually switched 48V phantom power, ¼” balanced line input, and insert point. Channel, subgroup, and main levels are set with 100 mm faders.
The StudioLive 24.4.2 has ten aux buses, four subgroups, a talkback section with Class A XMAX preamp, extensive LED metering, mixer Scene save and recall, and channel-strip save/recall/copy/paste.
Four dual-mono, 31-band, graphic EQs are available and are assignable in pairs to the Subgroups, Aux Sends, and Main output bus. Every channel and subgroup has Solo and Mute buttons, the two FX buses have Mute buttons, and the Aux buses have Solo buttons. A Solo-in-Place (SIP) button is provided, and the Cue bus is switchable between AFL and PFL. The Solo and Main bus, Tape Input, and Main FireWire return can be monitored via the Control Room Outputs.
All buttons on the mixing surface glow gently when inactive and brightly when selected for easy viewing in low-light conditions. The mixer also offers a 12 VDC, BNC lamp socket.
Main outputs are on both XLR and balanced ¼” jacks, and a full-range XLR Mono output is provided. All Main Outputs can be used at the same time and are controlled by the Main bus fader.
The levels for the XLR Mono output and the stereo XLR and TRS outputs can be adjusted using two volume pots on the back panel. The signal can be attenuated to -40 dB and boosted up to +10 dB. The subgroup, aux send, and control room outputs are balanced ¼” jacks, as are the two stereo Aux returns.
The stereo tape sends and returns use RCA jacks. Pre-insert, analog direct outputs are provided on DB25 connectors. A stereo coax S/PDIF digital output is included.
The mixer incorporates a built-in 32×26 FireWire recording/playback interface and has two FireWire 400 (IEEE 1394) ports. In addition to providing computer connectivity, the ports permit pass-through for connecting a hard drive, and they allow up to 2 StudioLive 24.4.2s to be daisy-chained, providing a 48x8x2 or 48x4x2 (selectable) mixer for live mixing without recording.
The StudioLive 24.4.2’s Fat Channel™ processing section offers a 4-band fully parametric EQ with switchable shelving on the low and high bands, individual band on/off switches, and global EQ on/off; full-featured compressor; limiter with variable threshold; and expander/gate with Key Listen and Key Filter on every channel, aux, and subgroup. The Fat Channel also provides a high-pass filter on each channel, aux, and effects bus.
- 24 mic/line channel inputs with 100 mm faders and insert sends/returns
- 25 Class A XMAX™ solid-state mic preamplifiers (24 ch. + Talkback)
- 4 subgroups and 10 auxiliary buses (pre/post-fader send)
- 2 stereo 32-bit floating point digital effects processors
- Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses, with high-pass filter, 4-band fully parametric EQ, compressor, gate, and limiter
- Four dual-mono, 31-band graphic EQs that are assignable to the subgroups, aux sends, and main bus
- 32-in/26-out FireWire recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- Scene and individual settings store and recall
- Bundle for Mac® and Windows® includes PreSonus Studio One™ Artist DAW, Capture™ live-recording software, Virtual StudioLive™ bidirectional mixer-control software
- Free StudioLive Remote iPad® wireless control software and QMix™ iPhone®/iPod touch® wireless aux-control software available from the Apple App Store.
- Daisy-chain 2 StudioLive 24.4.2s for 48x8x2 (or 48x4x2, selectable) live mixing (no recording)