Presonus Studiolive 32.4.2AI
The PreSonus® StudioLive™ 32.4.2AI is a 32-channel (32x4x2) digital mixer that is designed for live events, live and studio recording, and corporate, institutional, and other installations.
PreSonus Active Integration
PreSonus Active Integration products combine advanced DSP processing and networkability. In the StudioLive 32.4.2AI, this is accomplished with the Texas Instruments OMAP-L138 processor, a 32-bit, up to 96 kHz processor that operates at 456 MHz and features integrated USB 2.0 and 100 Mb Ethernet connections.
AI products can be directly, wirelessly remote controlled by iOS devices and OS X and Windows computers when connected to the same wireless router network. The StudioLive 32.4.2AI’s processor runs a Linux kernel that allows support for the included USB wireless module and enables the included Ethernet connection to connect directly to a standard LAN network. The speed of the DSP also allows for extensive dynamics and effects processing. The 32.4.2AI is capable of running 54 highpass filters, 60 noise gates, 60 compressors, 60 4-band parametric EQs, 60 limiters, 16 graphic EQs, 2 reverbs, and 2 delays simultaneously.
Channel Input Features
Each channel features an XLR mic input and high-headroom Class A XMAX™ mic preamp, individually switched 48V phantom power, ¼” balanced line input, and insert point. Channel, subgroup, and main levels are set with 100 mm faders.
Buses, Scenes, and Graphic EQ
The StudioLive 32.4.2AI has 14 aux buses, 4 subgroups, a talkback section with Class A XMAX™ preamp, extensive LED metering, mixer scene save and recall, eight Quick Scene buttons that save and recall scenes directly from the mixing surface, and channel-strip save/recall/copy/paste.
Eight dual-mono (16 total), 31-band, graphic EQs are available and are assignable in pairs to the subgroups, the aux sends, and the Main output bus.
Networking and communications
The mixer incorporates an option slot that ships with a 48×34 FireWire recording/playback interface and has two FireWire S800 (IEEE 1394b) ports.
In addition to providing computer connectivity, the ports permit pass-through for connecting a hard drive. An included Ethernet port on the option-slot card enables the mixer to be hardwire-networked to a desktop or laptop computer. The mixer can also be networked wirelessly by connecting a WiFi-equipped router directly to the Ethernet
port or by using the mixer’s top-panel USB 2.0 control port and included Wi-Fi LAN adapter to wirelessly connect to the router.
- 32 mic/line channel inputs with 100 mm faders, insert sends/returns, and direct outputs
- 33 Class A XMAX™ solid-state mic preamplifiers (32 ch. + talkback)
- 4 subgroups and 14 auxiliary buses
- 4 stereo effects processors (2 reverbs, 2 delays)
- Fat Channel processing on all channels and buses: highpass filter, 4-band fully parametric EQ, compressor, gate, and limiter
- Two sets of Fat Channel EQ and dynamics settings with A/B comparison
- Wireless and wired networking via Ethernet port; wireless networking via USB 2.0 control port with Wi-Fi LAN adapter (requires router)
- I/O card installed : SL-AVB-MIX Option Card
- 48-in/34-out FireWire S800 recording interface (24-bit/44.1 kHz and 48 kHz)
- Scene and individual settings store and recall, including 8 Quick Scenes
- Eight dual-mono, 31-band graphic EQs
SL-AVB-MIX Option Card
Introducing the next phase of Active Integration. The new SL-AVB-MIX AVB option card for StudioLive AI mixers lets you connect your AI Console mixer to an RM AI mixer for reliable, low latency audio networking and control. You can even adjust the on-stage RM mixer’s XMAX™ mic preamps directly from your front of house console.
Audio networking provides new, simpler ways to connect your audio gear and save the time, money and weight that comes with reels of copper audio snakes.
Unlike other networked stage boxes, using the RM mixer actually expands your mix system with a dedicated monitor mixer complete with its own Fat Channel processing and effects independent of what’s being used at FOH.
- Replace heavy, noisy analog copper snake with a single Ethernet cable
- Adds a complete monitor mixer on stage
- 16 more aux mixes
- Separate Fat Channel processing and reverb/delay FX from FOH
- Control from UC Surface ™ on a Windows ® 8 touch computer, Mac ® or PC laptop, or iPad ®
- Individual artist mix control with QMix-AI for iPhone
- FOH can source inputs from the local analog, FireWire, or remote RM mixer
- Stage RM mixer can source inputs from the local analog or remote FOH mixer
- Control RM AI mixer preamps from StudioLive AI console mixer FOH
- Linked Talkback, Scene save and recall
- Simple one-step connection takes care of all default routing and setup